Saturday, November 20, 2010

Visits

During our stay in the hospital we were very fortunate to get many a visit from many a friend. Angela...very pregnant came to see my little man. We were only supposed to have our babies two weeks apart...leave it to me to spoil that one! She has since gone on to become the mother of her little boy Matthew (super cutie!). Of course I was too overwhelmed by the visit that I forgot to take a picture of her...grrr.


My "auntie" Nina came for a visit, well first she hit a different hospital...took a page from my directional book...then she came(sorry had to be said, it's always me bah ha ha). It was dark and she braved the ghetto for me, you're such a good aunt! (she told the nurses at the front she was my aunt incase they wouldn't let her in so late hee hee, so funny).


Thanks for being my bandaid.




Of course, as I've said, my brother and sister-in law Tim and Shelley were there countless times, my folks came lots as well as Kellys folks. Kelly called them right away and they hit the road a couple days later. Bob and Diane (aka Grandma and Grandpa) stayed at our house so Kelly could commute back and forth to the hospital. He would spend his days with me and nights with the kids at home. Often he would bring in the whole family and we'd all go do something fun together. As well, the kids and Kelly stayed the odd night with me at the Ronald McDonald House where I took up residency during this whole event. Very difficult thing to have to balance your time between all your children when one is sick and is in need of constant companionship. I was fortunate to have amazing support both with my family and the hospital and was able to leave regularly to spend time with Jordan and Wallace. (that'll be the next post!)


So thank you to everyone who took the time and made the effort to come and support us during our time of need.


Also, a special thanks to my husband Kelly. Without him being the man he is...I would have NEVER made it through this. He was everywhere, all the time and didn't complain once. He is an amazing person and I am very blessed to have him in my life.


(but don't tell him I said that or it'll go to his head bah ha ha ha ha!)





No comments:

Post a Comment